Find out how to join our webinar breakout sessions below
More than 1,700 people have registered for our event. To maximise both interest and learning for all our delegates we are putting on:
- Four 50 minute (breakout) insight briefing sessions during the conference which will be repeated during the day, so you will be able to attend two of your choice.
- The first breakout will be at 10:45; the repeated session will be at 13:45. The main conference will host one of the four sessions. You'll need to register for the three remaining breakouts.
How to register for your breakout sessions
You can register for your chosen insight briefings ahead of time. Please read the full instructions before booking your session.
- Read the conference timetable below and decide on which insight breakout session you will join and register (links and synopsis below). Only register for one session in the morning and one in the afternoon. If you decide to remain within the main conference setting then you don’t need to do anything.
- Once you have registered for a session you will immediately receive a calendar invite. Please insert this into your diary. This will make it easier to find later.
- There are four sessions. One session will continue within the main conference setting, the other three require registration. The three separate insight briefings can only host 500 people each, so please only register once for the morning slot, and once for the afternoon session.
- If your first choice of insight breakout isn’t available (it will be a first come first served basis) then please choose the repeat session later in the day.
On the conference day our chair, Dr Kevin Stewart will remind you how to register.
- Those of you opting to stay for the insight breakout session within the main conference don’t need to do anything. Those opting to go for one of the other three insight briefings will need to find their calendar invite and then click on the link. This will either start a new Zoom tab in your browser, or alternatively ask you to leave the main conference and enter the breakout session – it depends on how you accessed the original event as to what you have to do.
- The insight session lasts for 50 minutes, and all you need to do once it’s finished is restart the original conference invite. The insight briefing leads will remind you of this at the end of their session.
Conference breakout timetable
Session 1: Quality insights and safety improvements in maternity care
Synopsis: This workshop will explore the journey of our maternity programme. It will include headlines of the programmes achievements, explaining how the programme has listened, learned and improved from feedback. We will share the development of our new quality matrix and give live examples of safety improvements made by trusts following recommendations from maternity investigations. There will also be time for some contributions and questions from those joining the workshop.
Session 2: Family engagement workshop - family and investigator perspectives on HSIB investigations
Synopsis: This workshop will consider patient safety investigations from the views of a family member and an investigator. We will look at investigations in three separate areas, the initial contact, the investigation process, and the difference the investigation has made. Within these areas we will discuss what has been considered helpful, and some take home messages for anyone delivering patient and family engagement within investigations. There will also be time for some contributions and questions from those joining the workshop.
Session 3: COVID-19 related national investigations and reports
Synopsis: This session will share examples of investigations completed by HSIB during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. This will include a summary of the investigation into the supply of oxygen in hospitals and a review of 37 intrapartum stillbirths which were reported between April and June 2020. The session will consider how existing vulnerabilities within healthcare systems influenced healthcare services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
13:45: Session hosted in MAIN CONFERENCE
Session 4: The life of a National Investigation
Synopsis: This session will explore the national investigation process from referral of incidents to the publication of the report. The session will also provide detail of how we involve patients, families and service users during the investigation process. There will be an opportunity for delegates to ask the investigators any questions they may have.
10:45: Session hosted in MAIN CONFERENCE
You can download a synopsis of each conference briefing and a delegate agenda below:
If you're as excited about any of these events as we are, take to Twitter: #HSIB21
See you there!